Giving Tuesday Event: Caring For Those In Memory Care
We invite all those who want to Live generously to join us for a Giving Tuesday “How to Care for those in Memory Care” event this year.
This event is open to all, including Thrivent Members, potential members and the Grand Rapids community during the day on Tuesday, November 27 with a special program from 5:30 - 8 p.m.
Learn the latest care approaches from Jana Broughton, Samaritas Senior Living Executive Director during her talk and workshop Tuesday evening at Samaritas Senior Living Grand Rapids. Participants will:
• Learn expectations for care givers
• Hear about the latest research
• De-stress the care giving experience
• Receive tools and strategies that you can use at home or with a loved one to have a meaningful care visit.
Members can also join Action Teams earlier in the day to bake cookies, create Christmas decorations and help get our community ready for Christmas.
Visit our social media page (Thrivent) to sign up for these impactful opportunities.
• Action Team: purchase supplies for the creation of Memory Books (evening)
• Action Team: purchase supplies for the creation of Memory Boxes (evening)
• Action Team: purchase supplies for the creation of Montessori Memory Games (evening)
• Action Team: purchase supplies for baking cookies for senior residents (daytime)
• Action Team: purchase supplies for creating Christmas decorations with seniors (daytime)
• Action Team: purchase decorations for preparing the senior community for Christmas (daytime)
In addition, funds raised from participants at this event will help provide memory care fidget pillows (cost - $50) to all those on our campus with a memory care diagnosis – and will also be MATCHED – dollar for dollar up to the first $20,000 by Thrivent Financial Services.
2000 32nd St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49508-1506, United States
Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 8 AM – 8 PM