On December 1, Giving Tuesday, you can make a donation or set-up a Facebook fundraiser (instructions listed below) to help Samaritas continue serving the state’s most vulnerable people.
Your dollars will help:
- Replenish the Samaritas New Americans pantry
- Stock the homes of Samaritas Foster Care families
- Provide interpretation services for New Americans
- Provide special furniture for our group home residents with disabilities
- Provide shelter and services for a homeless family
- Give seniors access to dental care, transportation and community resources
- Give a foster family a car seat for a foster child
Create a Facebook Fundraiser to raise money on behalf of Samaritas on Giving Tuesday. Once created, you can share your fundraiser with friends to earn donations and reach your goal.
Start by logging into your personal Facebook account.
- Visit our Samaritas Facebook page by typing (or cutting and pasting) this address https://www.facebook.com/fund/IamSamaritas/ in your browser.
- Look for the “Raise Money” button and click on it.
- Select the amount you want to raise and be sure to title your fundraiser Giving Tuesday 2020
- Please also include these words:
#GivingTuesday is Dec. 1 and I'm raising money for Samaritas, which is one of the largest nonprofit health and human service organizations in Michigan. It serves more foster children and completes more private adoptions than any other Michigan agency. By donating today, you can also help Samaritas provide a bedroom, fully-stocked kitchen, linens and furnishings for youth aging out of foster care. Or even give enough to provide shelter for a homeless family at its Family Shelter.
- Lastly, save this Samaritas Giving Tuesday image to your phone or computer and upload it to your Facebook Fundraiser.
- Make sure it’s centered and click “Create.” Then you're all done.