A Floor-to-Ceiling Guide to Spring Cleaning
Let’s try to make spring cleaning less of a chore with a list of the best spring-cleaning tips. If you follow these - you’ll have spring cleaning done in no time!
- Dust shelves, blinds, vents, moldings and light fixtures
- Tip: dust from top to bottom to prevent from going over surfaces multiple times!
- Wash your windows
- Tip: it’s better to wash windows on a cloudy day since the sunshine can cause streaks when the cleaner dries too quickly!
- Clean window treatments (including the shower curtain)
- Tip: these do not need to be cleaned often - once or twice a year is enough.
- Flip your mattress
- Fun Fact: it can help you sleep better!
- Donate unwanted clothes
- Tip: If you didn’t wear it the season before - donate it to someone who would.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets
- Tip: a mixture of salt, borax and white vinegar make for a great DIY carpet shampoo.
- Give your hardwood floors some love
- Tip: follow the grain of the wood
- Clean out your medicine cabinet and/or make up bag
- Tip: ask yourself “is this an essential item?” if not, toss it or store it elsewhere.
- Clean your deck and furniture
- Tip: magic erasers can remove winter’s grime and dust with very little scrubbing