By: Jim Berk
I hope your holiday season was a good one, filled with joy and happiness. It may have involved overeating a bit or ingesting a few too many sweets. That’s alright because January affords us an opportunity to start over and begin a very nutritious routine which will benefit your health.
The following are some super foods, providing valuable vitamins:
• Sweet potatoes - They are one of the best vegetables you can eat, with potassium, fiber and cancer fighting ingredients.
• Leafy greens - High in vitamins A and C, leafy greens give you potassium and fiber.
• Broccoli - Filled with vitamin C, broccoli also has cancer fighting properties.
• Mango - It also has vitamin C, which is wonderful for your skin and blood vessels while also protecting you against heart disease.
• Salmon - Especially when wild-caught, Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
• Beans - All beans are healthy and abundant in protein, iron, fiber, potassium and zinc.
If you can include a few of the above items in your nourishment, you’ll be so much healthier. Enjoy!