Our Wayne County Shelter Offers
- Private, locked rooms for each family
- Three balanced meals and snack each day
- Laundry room
- On-site medical clinic
- Easy access to the SMART bus line
- Help in finding a permanent home
- Job counseling and placement
- Case management
- Education/GED resources
- Help with financial planning
- Licensed child care for preschoolers
- A lending library with computers and internet access
The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
TEFAP provides commodity foods to eligible low income residents in western Wayne County and in the downriver areas. Items are distributed at over 30 sites in Out-Wayne County. No pre-registration or documentation is required. You must certify that you are eligible for the program upon receipt of items. Eligibility for TEFAP is based on the need for emergency food and the household meets these income guidelines (updated May 2022) or participates in SNAP, WIC, FDPIR, CSFP or a child receives free/reduced meals at school.
For more information, please call (734) 721-4470.
Click Here for a list of sites.