As the largest resettler of refugees in the state of Michigan and the fourth largest in the nation, Samaritas opposes President Trump’s Executive Order halting refugee resettlement from these six countries for 90 days and suspending the nation's refugee program for 120 days. Click here to view our official statement.
Please help us lift up faith voices in particular DIRECTLY TO CONGRESS expressing opposition to these plans. We must take action NOW.
PLEASE DO 3 THINGS IMMEDIATELY:
1. Give generously to support our work in local Michigan communities welcoming refugee families and children. Let them know you care!
2. Christian leaders are calling for refugee resettlement to be resumed. Sign this petition to reverse the impact of the executive order.
3. Congress must hear loud and clear that you oppose these actions! Contact your local congressional leader: With their name, look up and call their local district office and let them know why this issue matters to you. Alternatively, write a letter to them and again, mail it to their local district office. Contacting the local office is seen as the most effective with congressional leaders. Same for your senators.
All families want to raise their children without worrying about war, religious persecution or other forms of danger. You can help make that possible for these New Americans. Your contribution can help refugee families start a new, safe life of health, happiness and prosperity. Your gift of:
- $200 could pay for an average family’s utilities for a month
- $300 could pay for an average family’s non-food supplies for a month
- $500 could pay for an average family’s non-food supplies AND spending money for a month
- $800 could pay for an average family’s food for a month
- $1,000 could pay for an average family’s rent for a month
- $2,500 could pay for all the basic needs of an average family for one month
Will you please join Samaritas in helping these New Americans become self-sufficient and active, contributing members of their community?